Hammond Manufacturing: Type 12 Lay-In Wireway
August 16, 2021
Introducing the Type 12 Lay-In Wireway from Hammond Manufacturing, designed to enclose and protect electrical wiring from dirt, dust, oil and water. All sections and fittings of the wireway are completely open on each side to allow wires and cables to be placed into the wireway without ‘pulling through’.
The Type-12 has UL 870 Type 1 and CSA Type 1 standards, unless marked, and complies with NEMA Type 12 and IEC 60529, IP54 standards.
- – Bodies and covers are formed from 14-gauge steel with 10 gauge steel flanges.
- – Flanges are open at the top to allow cables to lay in when doors open.
- – 12” x 6” size has a 12 gauge steel body with a 14-gauge cover.
- – Smooth continuously welded seams.
- – Interior surfaces are smooth to prevent wire damage during installation.
- – Butt hinged cover is secured with easily operated quick release clamps.
- – Oil resistant gaskets are permanently secured.
- – Solid oil resistant gaskets are used between flanges when sections and fittings are bolted together.
- – One gasket kit, complete with hardware is provided with each straight section or fitting.
- – Sealing plate is supplied.
- – Flange junctions are sealed with gasket sealing plates, which are put in place after wiring is completed. One is supplied with all straight sections and most fittings; see table for exact number.
- – Sections and components are finished in ANSI 61 gray powder coating.
- – When joining a wireway section or fitting to an enclosure be sure to order a box connector.
- – When joining two wireway sections, or joining a wireway section to a fitting, a flat sealing plate is required at each junction; necessary kits are supplied with each section and fitting. See table, extra kits may be ordered if necessary.
- – When joining a lay-in wireway section or fitting to a closure plate, a box connector, or cut-off fitting, an angle sealing plate is required at each junction.
- – Necessary kits are supplied with each section and fitting – see table. Extra kits, although not normally required, are necessary when joining lay-in wireway to a non-lay-in section or fitting section.