September 29, 2020
Fujitsu Components America has launched a series of customizable, flush-surface resistive touch panels with less than half the input force of conventional resistive panels, nearly identical to that of projected capacitive panels. The new series offers OEMs a cost-efficient alternative to projected capacitive touch panels with a comparable user experience, while maintaining resistive technology’s reliable input capability and unlimited choice of input sources.
Target OEM applications include industrial automation and HMI machine control, medical equipment, and vehicle navigation systems.
The FID-1300 (4-wire) and FID-1520 (5-wire) series touch panels support a minimum input force of 0.02N (0.45 typical) while maintaining reliable user input and smooth sliding and flicking operations. A variety of implements can be used to activate touch input, including bare skin, gloved fingers, wet fingers, pens, or stylus pens. The FID-1300 is available with two-point input, enlarge/shrink and rotation operations using a dual-touch control board.
Consisting of a film-glass sensor layer with a flush-surface film overlay, the touch panels are dustproof, waterproof, and easy to clean. They feature 80 percent (typical) transparency and have an input life of 1 million (FID-1300) and 10 million taps (FID-1520) at 1.96N input force. A standard operating temperature range of -5° to +60°C meets the demands of most environments.
The touch panels can be specified with custom colors, decorative patterns or multi-color graphics for specific brand, industry or application needs. Customers can submit specific frame colors, logos, icons, and legends, and also request embossed key switches, custom panel shapes, aperture, finishes, coatings, and other customizations.
Available immediately, the FID-1300 4-wire panels are available in sizes up to 19 inches, and the FID-1520 5-wire panels are available in sizes up to 15 inches. For pricing information, contact:
Touch Panel Sales
- Flush surface design maintains clear flat input surface of customer’s products and supports waterproof performance
- Aperture and other glass finishing features are available
- Reliable input and smooth slide/flick operations with less than half the input force of conventional touch panels
- Long life of up to 10 million touches in a single location
- Operable with fingers, gloved fingers, wet fingers, pen, stylus pen
- 2-point input, enlarge/shrink, rotation (FID-1300 series only) is available with Dual Touch Control board
- Customization is available on anti fingerprint, anti reflection, glass thickness, total light transmittance, haze, FPC placement and length
- RoHS compliant