Banner Engineering: S15J In-Line Fuses
January 25, 2023
This addition to Banner Engineering’s series of plug-and-play connections delivers quick and easy overcurrent protection anywhere it’s needed in a circuit. The rugged housing allows for use in harsh environments with other series components, and the visual feedback system provides quick status updates at a glance.
Quick and Easy Installation
No matter where a device is in a circuit, an S15J fuse can be installed quickly using the simple 5-pin M12 connection. A compact 15mm diameter barrel allows placement in areas where space is a concern.
Ready for Any Environment
The S15J comes in a rugged over-molded design that meets IP68 standards so overcurrent protection can be added in-line despite dusty or wet conditions. It can also operate in a wide range of temperatures, designed for use from -40 °C to +70 °C (-40 °F to +176 °F).
Status Updates at a Glance
Two LED indicators display the status of the fuse, whether healthy or blown.
- Green: powered and transmitting signal properly
- Red and green: powered and transmitting signal, but current is high
- Red: fuse blown and signal transmission is stopped
The fast blow model carries a UL certification that enables non-Class 2 certified power supplies to meet those criteria when connected in series with a fast blow rated fuse.
S15J In-Line Fuse Applications
- Monitoring critical equipment to protect against surges
- Powering a devices that needs a limited energy source
- Protecting from power drops in motor and conveyance applications