February 1, 2021
The configurable safe small controllers PNOZmulti 2 are used in virtually every area of plant and mechanical engineering. PNOZmulti 2 can be used to monitor safety functions safely and to perform standard control functions economically.
The configurable, safe small controllers PNOZmulti 2 have a modular design: select a base unit and then choose the required number of expansion modules to meet the needs of your application.
Both the hardware and the application configuration are created In the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator. Once completed, the configuration is loaded on to a program memory and inserted into the base unit. The configuration can be simulated offline prior to commissioning – no need for hardware.
Safe firing and more with the small controllers PNOZmulti 2
The safe small controllers PNOZmulti 2 have a new base unit for safe control and monitoring of furnaces. The base unit is supported from Version 10.12 of the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator and is equipped with a burner element (function block), which emulates the advanced functionality of a flexible, configurable electronic automatic burner control system. As a result it is easy to configure a large number of burner applications.
These include different burner types, for example master or slave burners, direct or indirect ignition, low or high temperature mode and many more. The software element has been tested and certified in accordance with the relevant European standards, including EN 298 and EN 50156, plus the North American standard NFPA 85/86. The base unit can be used on thermoprocessing and steam boiler plants.
The safe small controllers PNOZmulti 2 have a modular design. A suitable expansion module with four safe, diverse relay outputs is available for the base unit – PNOZ m EF 4DI4DORD. The module controls a burner’s safety valves. When needed you can use additional safe input/output modules, e.g. the safe analogue input module.
Your application advantages:
- – Flexible and safe design for your furnace
- – Saves a lot of time when planning and engineering, as even complex safety applications can be implemented simply and quickly with just one small controller
- – Ability to connect to numerous automation environments and communication systems
- – Maximum safety due to tested, certified hardware and software elements
Your benefits at a glance
- – Tailored costs as applications can be customised through the use of expansion modules
- – Short downtimes and high plant availability through connection to all common fieldbus systems via corresponding modules
- – User-friendly diagnostic options
- – Maximum safety – up to PL e of EN ISO 13849-1 and SIL CL 3 of IEC 62061, depending on the application.
An overview of the features
- – Illuminated display for faster commissioning and simple diagnostics
- – Display of error messages, state of the supply voltage, inputs and outputs, status and device information, customised texts
- – Max. 4 expansion modules can be connected on the left, plus max. 1 communication module and 1 fieldbus module
- – Plug-in connection terminals – either spring-loaded or screw terminals (available as accessories)
- – Exchangeable program memory
- – Diagnostic interface