Banner: WLS15 Pro Series Strip Light – Now with Pro Editor, IO-Link, or PICK-IQ Compatible Models
May 25, 2021
Banner is expanding its offering of the WLS15 Series to include programmable models with RGB LEDs for use in advanced indication applications. These new models will be programmable with Banner’s Pro Editor software, IO-Link communication, or serial PICK-IQ communication.
The new WLS15 Pro comes in Pro Editor, IO-Link, or Pick-IQ compatible models. Banner’s Pro Editor software allows users to program device status, colors, and animations for control via three discrete inputs. The application-based interface makes it easy to configure a light for a wide range of applications such as displaying machine warm-up time, indicating unique steps in an assembly process, showing distance and position information, and communicating multiple machine states. Pro Editor models are discretely controlled and ideal for users who do not have IO-Link, but who want control and customization to communicate information visually.
BENEFITS OF PRO EDITOR INCLUDE:
- – Color and animation options allow for more intuitive indication in the visual factory
- – Gain control of your supply chain and delivery through model standardization
- – Display advanced functions like distance, time, and count without advanced programming
BENEFITS OF IO-LINK AND PICK-IQ INCLUDE:
- – Individual control of LEDs for fully customized operation
- – Use available ports to provide indication and additional machine states without added hardware
- – Dynamic indication based on changing statuses
ADVANCED ANIMATIONS FOR MOBILE ROBOTICS
The WLS15 Pro offers a total of nineteen colors for dynamic indication. Visible statuses can be used to guide operators or communicate upcoming machine movements. Advanced users with IO-Link or Pick-IQ models have total control over the entire light to indicate alarm states, display position information, and more. Additionally, mobile equipment warning signals can be used to communicate movement more effectively. The WLS15 Pro features a low profile housing with integral mounting and low power consumption.
IO-Link and PICK-IQ models allow for dynamic control—reacting to commands from an IO-Link or Modbus Master—and have additional modes that discrete units do not. IO-Link enables users to change device parameters from the control system as needed, such as during product changeover, which reduces downtime and allows machines to accommodate greater product diversity. These models can be divided in up to 10 segments for applications like assembly guidance or pick-to-light. They also offer unique LED color control to provide advanced users with total control. The WLS15 Pro with IO-Link or Pick-IQ models help reduce costs, increase process efficiency, and improves machine availability.
RELIABLE PERFORMANCE IN HARSH ENVIRONMENTS
WLS15 Pro Series strip lights provide professional grade lighting at a price point that is accessible for a variety of applications. The sealed IP66, IP67-rated lights are constructed with sturdy aluminum frames in a shatterproof polycarbonate housing, making them resistant to wet or dusty environments as well as impact and breakage. Each WLS15 uses a fraction of the energy of many comparable light fixtures for additional cost-savings.
FLEXIBLE INDICATION CAPABILITIES FOR MATERIAL HANDLING
Visually monitor processes and respond quickly to unwanted conditions. The WLS15 Pro provides locational status guidance for pick-to-light and assembly applications. It offers long range visibility of material level, temperature, weight, and more so operators can monitor machine statuses from a distance and respond to them quickly.
Use the WLS15 Pro with Pro Editor, IO-Link, or PICK-IQ models for use in advanced indication applications, such as:
- – Provide operator guidance for assembly and manufacturing processes
- – Show time elapsed, level, temperature, position, angle, or other “analog” type signals
- – Highlight available work zone status in robot cells
- – Factory traffic status indication at intersections
- – High visibility indication for machine status and more
- – Dynamic indication options for mobile robotic status