With the new KTO / KTS thermostats, STEGO has adapted its regulators to meet the requirements of the enclosure manufacturing industry. Offering constant climate control, the compact thermostats prevent the formation of harmful condensation, and enable trouble-free operation of sensitive electronics.
The KTO 111 and KTS 111 thermostats connect to the power supply tool-free using push-in terminals on the front of the housing. The terminals provide constant pressure on the connection wires ensuring safety even during transportation of preassembled enclosures. It prevents wires from becoming loosened. Another advantage of the push-in terminals is a 2/3rd reduction of installation time due to tool-free wiring.
NC and NO Contacts for optimal climate
The two new thermostats are designed as two-state regulators with a sensor element made of thermostatic bimetal. The flexible bimetal bends under the influence of temperature and switches a snap-action contact. The KTO 111 is a contact breaker (NC – normally closed – the contact opens when the temperature is rising) for regulating heaters. The KTS 111 is a contact maker (NO – normally open, the contact closes when the temperature is rising) for regulating filter fans, heat exchangers, cooling appliances, or switching signal devices. The combination of two single thermostats (NC and NO) is more economical and allows the user to individually set the temperature ranges for heating and cooling. In addition, the change-over contact provides a specific changing point between heating and cooling and is a good choice when space is at a premium.
The thermostat has a red-designed house that features enlarged air gaps on the rear of the thermostat housing ensure an optimized air intake and thus improved response time to temperature changes. Noticeable is also the curved, ergonomic housing design on the front with a large setting dial, which is easier to read and increases safety against unintentional adjustments: the temperature setting can only be changed with a screwdriver.
- Oerating temperature ranges from -45 to +80 °C (-49 to + 176 °F) in an environment with a maximum of 90 % relative humidity (non-condensing).
- Developed for protection type IP20 and protection class 2
- Safety approvals by UL and VDE
- Verified service life of 100,000 cycles
- Suitable for the following switching currents: AC 250 V, AC 120 V, and DC 24 to 72 V
- Maximum inrush current is AC 16 A for 10 seconds
- Temperature difference is 7 K with a tolerance of ±4 K.
- Mounted by the clip for a DIN rail
- A special feature of the new thermostats is their suitability for use in high altitudes
- The thermostats can be used up to 5,000 meters (in overvoltage category II) and up to 2,000 meters (in overvoltage category III)