February 6, 2022
Hammond’s 1557 family features rounded corners and top face to provide a modern smooth style combined with environmental sealing. It is available in IP68 polycarbonate for indoor and outdoor use and economical IP66 rated ABS for indoor use. The versatile 1557 can be used as a desktop enclosure, when fitted with the supplied feet, it can be pole-mounted using an accessory kit, or wall-mounted with either four mounting brackets for heavy-duty use or two keyhole mountings when flush-fitting is required. The sizes are 80 x 80 x 45 and 60mm; 120 x 120, 160 x 160 and 200 x 200 in heights of 45 and 70mm.
It is increasingly being used as the IP68 sealed housing for electromechanical components as well as PCB-mounted systems. To give a rigid surface for mounting heavier electrical, electromechanical and electronic components a 2mm thick aluminium inner panel is also available. Available for all sizes, it is screwed into the existing PCB bosses in either or both the lid and base.
- Ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards.
- Can be used in a tabletop configuration or two different wall-mount configurations.
- Rounded corners and face provide a more modern look while still offering superior water-tight ratings.
- Available in black or gray ABS plastic or UL listed polycarbonate
- ABS versions are molded from general purpose material which carries a flammability rating of UL94-HB. For indoor use.
- Polycarbonate versions are UV stabilized for outdoor use and carry a UL94-5VA flammability rating. For indoor or outdoor use.
- Polycarbonate versions are cUL and UL 508A listed (File # E65324), NEMA 4, 4X, 6, 6P. ABS plastic versions are not UL listed.
- Gasketed lid with two piece “tongue & groove” construction provides protection against access of oil, dust and water.
- Gasket is one piece made from high temperature, U.L. listed silicone.
- ABS versions are designed to meet IP66
- Polycarbonate versions are designed to meet IP68
- Lid is secured with included M4 stainless steel machine screws which are threaded into corrosion resistant bushings for repetitive assembly & disassembly. All hardware is designed to avoid corrosion caused by harsh environments over time.
- Aluminum inner panels are available as accessories.