June 6, 2022
NKK Switches has enhanced its KP04 series to include a surface-mount option. The long-life illuminated pushbutton switch can be mounted on a printed circuit board (PCB) with minimal drilling. Featuring twin contacts with gold plating, the KP04 series offers high reliability and supports long-life operation of 3 million cycles.
The flat, sculptured, or home key square caps are available in three common sizes, and the actuation options include non-tactile or tactile/audible. The actuation is synchronized with contact timing, delivering color simultaneously when actuating the switch. The illuminated switches are available with an RGB LED that offers vibrant, full color spectrum in unlimited color combinations. In addition, the RGB with the white option helps reduce variations in color tones for white illumination to deliver consistent color.
The switches offer a compact design with a height of only 0.906 inches (23.0 mm) from the PCB to the top of the cap. The KP04 series is commonly used in broadcasting/audio/video equipment, automated systems, communications equipment and other applications.
Nominal operating force is 1.6 N ± 0.6 N. Custom legends are available.
- Surface mount technology facilitates diminished board and material handling expenses, in addition to minimized routing of traces and fewer drilled holes
- Switch actuation is synchronized with contact timing, delivering color without delay and signaling safe, reliable, and intuitive operation
- Compact design with height of 0.906” (23.0mm) from PC board to top of the cap
- Twin contacts with gold plating assure high reliability and long life of 3,000,000 operations minimum.
- Remarkably precise coplanarity: all considered surfaces lying between two parallel planes are a maximum distance apart of 0.0039” (0.1mm).
- Caps: Flat, sculptured, or home key square caps in three common sizes for design flexibility in diverse applications
- Colors: RGB LED dispenses a vibrant full color spectrum in unlimited color combinations. RGB with white option aids in reducing variations in color tones for white illumination, administering stable and consistent color
- Actuation: Choice of nontactile or tactile/audible actuation
- Legends: Custom legends available