November 22, 2022
NKK Switches’ JW series snap-in mounted switches are specifically designed for high-inrush applications. The JWLW and the JWMW panel-seal models are IP67-rated and constructed to resist dust between the actuator and the contact area.
The electrical life of these switches exceeds 25,000 operations (minimum) due in part to the uniquely designed contact plate that minimizes contact bounce. Both the housing and case are constructed with heat-resistant resins meeting UL94V-0 standards.
These devices also feature an inner seal and prominent external insulating barriers that increase the insulation resistance and dielectric strength. The solder lug and quick-connect terminals are molded-in and epoxy-sealed to lockout flux, dust, and other contaminants. In addition, the JWL and JWM rocker switches are constructed for dust resistance with an interior polyphenylene sulfide seal between the actuator and contact area.
JW series molded rockers are ideal for any design that requires a high electrical capacity rocker for its human interface operations while in harsh environments. This includes, but is not limited to industrial equipment, heavy machinery, transportation services, equipment for restaurants, medical equipment, and telecommunications devices.
- Quick and easy snap-in mounting
- Electrical and mechanical life of 25,000 actuations (minimum)
- External insulating barriers increase insulation resistance and dielectric strength
- Dust-resistant interior construction
- JWMW and JWLW models are IP67 rated
- Models with international on-off symbols inscribed on the rocker cap available
- Models with UL, CSA, and VDE certifications available
- Option for a barrier surrounding the cap that prevents accidental actuation