Hammond Manufacturing: 1554 Series Type 4X, 6P Polycarbonate & General Purpose ABS Enclosures
May 9, 2023
Introducing the 1554 series Type 4X / 6P polycarbonate and general purpose ABS enclosures, which are ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards or DIN rail mounted components.
The ABS version 1554 series enclosures are molded from general purpose material which carries a flammability rating of UL94-HB, for indoor use, while the polycarbonate versions are UV stabilized for outdoor use – the gray polycarbonate carries a UL94-5VA rating, while clear and smoked lids carry a UL94V-0 rating. Additionally, the polycarbonate enclosures are cUL and UL 508A listed, while ABS plastic versions are not UL listed. All enclosures themselves come in a light gray color (RAL 7035).
More 1554 Series Features
- Gasketed lid with two piece “tongue & groove” construction provides protection against access of oil, dust and water.
- Replaceable gasket is one piece made from high temperature, U.L. listed silicone. Supplied loose inside the enclosure (not pre-installed).
- Polycarb versions are designed to meet NEMA Type 4, 4X, 6, 6P, 12 & 13 ratings which meet and exceed IP ratings up to and including IP68. (Except 1554/55 V size which is 4,4X only)
- ABS Plastic versions are designed to meet IP66.
- Lid is secured with included M4 stainless steel machine screws which are threaded into corrosion resistant bushings for repetitive assembly & disassembly. All hardware is designed to avoid corrosion caused by harsh environments over time.
- Lid screws are self captivating (lid holes are threaded with the first installation of lid screws).
- Internal features are maximized for mounting options and vary with size:
- Internal DIN rail mounting tabs molded into most models, except sizes “C” and “D”.
- Threaded (M3) integral brass inserts and/or standoffs (#6 self tapping screws) for P.C. board or inner panel mounting in all but the smallest size (“B”).
- Vertical P.C. card guides (for 1.5 mm thick P.C. boards) are molded in all but the smallest size (“B”).
Check Availability – Polycarbonate – ABS