Schneider Electric: I-Line Busway
March 6, 2023
Schneider Electric’s I-Line Busway, part of the Line Series, is designed specifically to allow maximum flexibility, ease of installation and offer electrical efficiency in the distribution of low power for both commercial and industrial applications. The maximum ratings are 5000 A Copper and 4000 A Aluminum (600V). These are available in both plug-in and feeder busway types.
I-Line Busway Features
Square D I-Line electrical busway offers a complete line of compatible, sandwich-type feeder and plug-in busway lengths and fittings. The broad range of I-Line busway products include:
- I-Line Plug-In style from 225 A to 600 A with aluminum or copper conductors
- I-Line II Plug-In and Feeder styles from 800 A to 4000 A with aluminum conductors, and to 5000 A with copper conductors
- Optional IP54 rated I-Line II offers dust and splash resistance protection in Plug-In and Feeder Styles
- Optional outdoor feeder busway
- Circuit breaker plug-in units with and without electronic trips thru 1600A
- Circuit breaker plug-in units with electronic trips and communication packages
- Fusible plug-in units available thru 1200A
I-Line and I-Line II busways are constructed in three-pole and four-pole full neutral configurations for system voltages to 600 volts and are rated to allow 100% of the current to flow continuously.
I-Line Busway Benefits
- Maximum flexibility
- Ease of installation
- Electrical efficiency
- Low maintenance
The compact, totally enclosed design is lightweight and easy to handle. Labor studies have shown that a 75% savings in installation time is not uncommon when comparing I-Line busway with cable and conduit installations. This significant reduction in installation time can result in total installed cost for busway being significantly lower than other distribution methods.