March 6, 2023
ETHERLINE GUARD innovates machine maintenance
Until now, there were only two alternatives for the maintenance of machine parts and plants: either parts were only replaced if they were already defective, or parts that were still functional were replaced at specific intervals as a precaution.
However, thanks to Industry 4.0 and digitalization, there is a more efficient alternative to reactive maintenance: preventative maintenance. The idea behind this is to carry out maintenance measures depending on actual performance. This is also possible for connection systems, such as cables or connectors.
Although cables from LAPP usually last for many years, in situations with highly dynamic, demanding movements with high speeds and strong torsion, it is advantageous and cost-effective to monitor the cables in order to avoid unexpected downtimes which impair productivity.
Why ETHERLINE GUARD?
- Increase system visibility and capability to plan downtimes for reduced maintenance costs.
- Plug and play solution for both new and existing networks that does not require a new data line or changes to the cable designs.
- Reliable IIoT communications thanks to the MQTT interface (for status/data evaluation, settings, WLAN configuration, updating, etc.).
- Compact design ideal for use in control cabinet.
- For use in Ethernet-based networks for automation technology.
- For monitoring the service life of a data cable at risk of failure (e.g. function-critical data cable in dynamic applications).
- Suitable for data cables according to transmission standard 100BASE-TX (with 100 Mbit/s) according to IEEE 802.3.
- Also suitable for EtherCAT, EtherNET/IP and 2-pair PROFINET applications.
- For use in control cabinets (protection class IP 20).