October 10, 2023
EAO has extended the robust Series 82 with a new product variant with vibration-resistant cable connections.
It is common to expose pushbuttons and indicators to extremely harsh operating conditions. For example in the food and beverage industry, where alkaline cleaning agents and corrosion severely affect HMIs. In addition, external factors in the form of hard-to-remove dirt, fine dust, along with severe vibrations and blunt impacts also require HMIs to offer a very high level of resistance. The Series 82 offers product variants that meet these high requirements even better thanks to an overmoulded rear side. These robust pushbuttons are now also available as a version with cable connection.
The pushbuttons are equipped with a 200 mm cable that is available in a straight version or with a 90° offset from the product, depending on the application or customer requirement. This offers advantages in terms of flexibility in mounting, with the 90°-offset cable exit point also enabling use with low-depth back panels.
The products can be optimised for the different application and mounting scenarios by selecting the appropriate connector. The cable version with M12 connector is intended for use in machinery and is impressively robust and easy to mount. The cable version with tin-plated cable though offers R118 certification, making the product version ideal for applications in heavy-duty or special-purpose vehicles.
Typical applications for Series 82
- Food and beverage industry
- Machinery and production facilities
- Heavy-duty and special vehicles
- Buses and coaches
- Passenger transportation systems
- Access control and security systems
- Ticketing machines and vending machines
- Medical equipment
- Marine applications
The overmoulded rear, IP67 protection and vibration-resistant connection options enable an extremely resistant HMI connection, making this product option ideal for use in challenging environments.
Series 82 Advantages
- Easy and flexible mounting thanks to M12 connector and cable options
- Low back panel depth with 90°-offset version.
- Housing made from SUS 316L stainless steel
- Cleaning-agent-resistant Tritan light guide
- Overmoulded on the rear with IP67 protection and high resistance to vibration and impact