January 23, 2023
As an expert in hazardous area protection, Pepperl+Fuchs has applied their decades of experience and expertise in this field to build a portfolio of training modules. The diverse topics relate to the principles involved in applications in potentially explosive atmospheres. In addition, some of these modules can be customized specifically to the customer’s needs to provide a unique training experience.
Currently, Pepperl+Fuchs has compiled content into 15 different modules or topics that can be selected from. Taken together, all 15 modules add up to over 21 hours of instruction.
These modules are designed to provide in-depth knowledge and understanding on each of these topics:
- Fundamentals of Hazardous Areas: Gas & Vapor
- Fundamentals of Hazardous Areas: Dust
- Hazardous Area Certifications Overview: ATEX, IECEx, and North America
- Detailed Product Certification for North America: NTRL and SCC
- Detailed Product Certification for Europe: ATEX
- Detailed Product Certification for General Globe Application: IECEx
- Protection Concept of Intrinsic Safety
- Protection Concept of Pressurization
- Protection Concept of Explosionproof or Flameproof
- Overview of Various Protection Concepts
- Overview of Equipment Installation per NEC
- Standard for Equipment Panels with Intrinsic Safety Extensions (UL698A)
- Certification and Installation under NEC for Class 1, Div. 2 Equipment
- Equipment and Installation Maintenance in Hazardous Areas (UL60079-17)
- Enclosure Ratings: NEMA, UL, Type, IP
Pepperl+Fuchs can provide training at their facility in Katy, TX, or at a location of your choice in the US or Canada.
The cost of the training will depend on the location of the training, the cost of the instructor‘s time, the instructor‘s travel expenses, the training facility, and meals/refreshments for attendees.
All presentations and information that are part of the training will be made available for your use and internal distribution.
Training Certificates or Participation Acknowledgement
Upon request, Pepperl+Fuchs can provide participants with a certificate of attendance.