April 27, 2021
In the past, enclosure accessories were limited to being Recognized Components which might have required the end user to initiate additional evaluation in order to allow the use of these products. The new certification for environmental-rated accessories for enclosures utilizes the UL Listing Mark, so enclosure accessories can be installed without further evaluation.
New Listing Certification for US and Canada (FTTA/FTTA7)
This new Listing certification for enclosure accessories assists manufacturers who utilize Type or IP rated enclosures (for example, Types 3R and 4X or IP55 and IP66) in being able to use Type or IP rated enclosure accessories such as window kits, hole plugs, filter fan kits, etc. The benefits of this new Listing certification are two-fold: it is more cost efficient for manufacturers and it can also accelerate market access for end users.
Types of Listed Products
- • Bolts • Breather Vents • Drain Vents
- • External Mounting Means • Filter Fan Kits • Gasketed Screws
- • Gland Plates • Hole Seals • Overlays
- • Rain Shrouds • Sealing Washers • Ventilation Kits
- • Window Kits
New Recognition Certification for US and Canada (FTTA2/FTTA8)
This new Recognition certification for enclosure accessories assists manufacturers who utilize Type or IP rated enclosures in being able to use Type or IP rated hinging and latching accessories. This makes it possible for enclosure manufacturer end users to cost efficiently accelerate market access as there are no latching and hinging hardware corrosion protection and plastic requirements, gasket testing, and traceability issues.
The new environmental-rated accessories for enclosures certification utilizes the UL Recognition Mark and allows manufacturers of Type or IP rated enclosures to choose latching and hinging hardware that carry the same level of Type or IP rating as the enclosure itself.
Types of Recognized Products
- • 3-point Handles • Butt Hinges • Butterfly Latches
- • Captive Fasteners • Compression Latches • Concealed Hinges
- • Ear Type Hinges • L-Handles • Piano Hinges
- • Quarter Turns • Swing Handles • T-Handles
Why choose UL?
UL drives global research and standards to continually advance and meet ever-evolving product safety, performance and interoperability needs. UL’s global network of technical experts and state-of-the-art facilities, along with UL’s longstanding relationships with regulatory authorities, partner laboratories and industry technical leaders, helps manufacturers gain the compliance credentials they need to compete in a more complex global supply chain.
- – Knowledge You Can Trust – UL’s experienced staff will advise you from the initial design stage of product development through testing and production. Their experts can assist you in understanding the certification requirements for your specific markets.
- – Speed & Efficiency – UL’s cost-effective systems and state-of-the-art facilities cut through the red tape and help accelerate your time to market.
- – Single Source Provider – UL meets all of your compliance needs and, by bundling safety, performance and interoperability services, also helps save you valuable time and money.
- – Global Reach & Access – UL’s global network of expert engineers helps you understand the various national and global requirements for your specific market application.