Hammond Manufacturing: Type 4, 4X Mild Steel and Stainless Steel Consolet
July 13, 2021
Introducing the Type 4 4X mild steel and stainless steel consolet series, which serves as an economical housing for operator interface applications, provides an ideal sloped surface for mounting keyboards, switches, indicator lights, and/or dials, and provides panel mounting capabilities for a variety of applications. Generally used as a stand alone enclosures, it is possible to put side by side with a base on a single plinth (for example, a 36″ wide consolet with a 24″ base with terminal will altogether fit on a 60″ plinth). Optional casters, requiring a plinth, allow for a completely mobile, NEMA rated work station, and the consolet series feature smooth lines and clean edges which provide an attractive, contemporary appearance.
- – UL 508A Type 3R, 4,12 (Stainless Steel, add 4X)
- – CSA Type 3R, 4, 12, 13 (Stainless Steel, add 4X)
- – EIA RS-310-E
- – Complies with
- – NEMA Type 3R, 4, 12 (Stainless Steel, add 4X)
- – IEC 60529, IP66
- – Formed 14 gauge steel bodies with 14 gauge steel door and lid.
- – Also offered with formed 14 gauge 304 stainless steel bodies with 14 gauge 304 stainless steel door and lid.
- – Smooth, continuously welded seams without knockouts or holes.
- – Body stiffeners are provided where required for increased strength and rigidity.
- – Offered in 4 widths 24″, 36″, 48″ and 60″.
- – Has solid sides and back, solid door on front, 3 point adjustable lid on sloped (20°) top, and closed bottom with removable access panel.
- – 24″ and 36″ widths have single door on the front whereas 48″ and 60″ widths have two outside hinged doors on the front.
- – Doors can be hinged from either side on 24″ and 36″ units.
- – Door profiles provide increased strength and are pre-punched to provide mounting options.
- – Formed lip on enclosure excludes flowing liquids and contaminants.
- – Slotted quarter turn oil-tight latches secure the door and lid, with optional tamper resistant and locking latches available.
- – Stainless steel models utilize stainless steel hardware.
- – Oil resistant gaskets are permanently secured.
- – Features internal stud locations for mounting optional inner panel.
- – A bonding screw is provided on the door and a grounding stud is provided in the enclosure.
- – Available in RAL 7035 light gray textured powder coating and natural stainless steel with a smooth, brushed finish.