November 15, 2021
Greenlee, part of Emerson’s professional tools portfolio, introduces the ESG65LXR Gator Remote Cable Cutter, its latest tool solution for the high-voltage industry. With a cutting capacity of up to 2.55 inches, the ESG65LXR enables the operator to develop better safety-focused solutions for cutting smaller cable for underground cable cutting.
The ESG65LXR which cuts up to 2.55 inches, joins the ESG105LXR Remote Cable Cutter introduced last year, to cut cables up to 4.13 inches. Each uses Bluetooth communication, can be used via remote control or in hand-held mode and has a patent pending blade sensor system to help confirm that the cut has been completed.
Unlike overhead electric power distribution systems, underground shielded electric cable systems cannot be visually traced back to an open point to ensure the cable is isolated and de-energized. The remote cutting ability of each model adds precision and confidence to professionals cutting underground cables.
“High-voltage workers really appreciated the first tool offered in the Greenlee Gator Remote Cable Cutter line. We anticipate a similar response with the ESG65LXR as it allows workers to remotely cut smaller cables while improving safety,” said Ryan Berg, director of product management, Greenlee for Emerson. “Each tool in the line was developed with utility professionals in mind to help them create a better method to ‘remove the target’ from the work area when cutting cables where electricity could be present.”
Greenlee’s patented technology on both the ESG65LXR and ESG105LXR Gator Remote Cable Cutters gives unparalleled control to the utility professional. Tool features include:
- – Cut Control – The operator can remotely stop and reverse the blade at any point.
- – Cut Confirmation – The end position blade sensor confirms the cut is complete with audible and visual feedback to the user.
- – Battery Gauge Protocol – Tells the user if there is enough battery life to finish cuts before work begins.
- – Manual and Remote Activation – Select between hand-held and remote usage options.
- – Dual Grounding Ports – Located on either side of the cutting head for set-up flexibility.
- – Bluetooth Communication – Connect with Greenlee’s i-Press app to track tool performance.