EA ELEKTRO-AUTOMATIK: Bidirectional and Regenerative Programmable DC Power Series
March 29, 2022
EA Elektro-Automatik has expanded its 10000 series of EA-PS and EA-PSI programmable DC power supplies, EA-PSB bidirectional DC power supplies, and EA-ELR regenerative DC electronic loads. The 10000 series includes more than 180 new models offering a greater range of power from 0 – 600 W to 0 – 30 kW. The models provide extended voltages from 0 – 10 V to 0 – 2000 V, a significant increase over prior 9000-series power instruments, and provide output current as high as 1000 A.
All 10000 series instruments operate on the same firmware and have the same touchscreen user interface. The physical layout is the same, and all instruments have similar input and output characteristics. The common programming and user interface saves test development and setup time when building test systems that have requirements for multiple power instrumentation.
The 10000 series instruments employ an autoranging output (input if an electronic load) characteristic. Autoranging enables the instrument to have a higher voltage capability at lower currents and a higher current capability at lower voltages than a power supply or load with a conventional rectangular output/input characteristic.
All models of the 10000 series employ active power factor correction, typically 0.99, to minimize the power drawn from the power grid. Additionally, EA-PSB bidirectional power supplies and EA-ELR electronic loads employ regenerative circuitry to return energy back to the grid with up to greater than 96% efficiency. Regenerative circuitry saves operation costs and the expense of cooling requirements to dissipate the heat that a conventional electronic load generates.
- Power Supply EA-PS 10000 Models in 4U, 3U, and 2U form factors
- Power Supply Intelligent EA-PSI 10000 Models in 4U, 3U, and 2U form factors
- Power Supply Bidirectional EA-PSB 10000 Models in 4U, 3U, and 2U form factors
- Electronic Load Regenerative EA-ELR 10000 Models in 4U, 3U, and 2U form factors
- Access greater voltage and current in one device with autoranging
- Simulate other power devices and create AC + DC signals with built-in arbitrary waveform function generator
- Communicate easily to PCs and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Reduce power consumption with high efficiency 10000 series and enjoy greater than 96% energy recovery
Parallel for high-power systems up to 1.92 MW