September 12, 2022
Available within the miniature AYZ Series, sub-miniature JS Series and sub-miniature surface mount PCM Series slide switches, C&K has enhanced its slide switch offering to include gold plating options to offers enhanced performance and environmental protection.
Whether end-products are exposed to damp air or Sulfide containing environments, gold plating options decrease the potential risk of electrical short circuits due to the age of plating with dendrite growth caused by silver migration. In addition, the gold plating is ideal for low level ratings or dry circuits.
C&K offers the AYZ, PCM & JS series with either silver or gold plating contact option to ensure functionality to meet broader market demand. The slide switches can be used in high or ultra-low current applications. From home fire alarm systems to industrial power management systems, the slide switches are versatile and can be customized to application requirements.
“We have received numerous customer requests for gold plated versions of our most popular slide series to meet harsh or corrosive environment requirements,” said Cathy Zhao, Global Product Manager at C&K. “By offering a gold plated version, we can support more products and satisfy market needs for switches that can operate in harsh environments reliably.”
- computers, peripherals and network devices (laptops, network hubs, routers, gaming controllers)
- telecommunications equipment (telephone and cable modems, audio-visual devices, microphones)
- consumer electronics (handheld games, remote controls, headphones, headsets, earbuds, channel selector on set-top boxes)
- test and measurement equipment
- appliances (small and large, both indoor and outdoor)
- small equipment (handheld devices, portable tools, office equipment)
- automotive and medical applications
- thermostat select switch
- lighting devices