September 16, 2022
WAGO’s new industrial managed switches make it easy for users to increase the security of their building automation applications. This innovation integrates cybersecurity functions: 128-bit encryption of data packets on two ports. This makes it possible to retrofit secure data transmission in an existing network – regardless of the protocol and without changes in the application. The encryption meets the IEEE 802.1AE standard (IEEE MAC Security Standard), ensuring data integrity and sender authentication alongside high data throughput.
At a Glance
- – Real-time encryption (MACsec) at line speed through hardware-based “Media Access Control Security” encryption (IEEE 802.1 AE, MACsec)
- – Easy retrofitting/integration into existing applications (protocol-independent – Modbus TCP, BACnet, PROFINET RT etc.)
- – Optional authentication of network subscribers (IEEE 802.1X and RADIUS) allows you to control access to the network.
- – Compact control cabinet dimensions (45 × 90 × 110 mm) save space and make use in existing systems easier.
- – Easy configuration and commissioning, even without specialists
- – Network segmentation with Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs)
- – Especially high network redundancy and availability with “Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol” (RSTP)
The Benefits for You
- – Increase network security without in-depth IT knowledge
- – Network diagnostics via Modbus® or SNMP
- – Potential-free communication with SFP modules
- – Industrial managed switches with hardware-level encryption (MAC Security)
- – Retrofit secure data transmission in existing networks
- – Authentication in the network