August 22, 2023
Introducing the 1555F series type 4X, 6P enclosures from Hammond Manufacturing, designed for harsh industrial environments and outdoor applications and ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards, panels or DIN rail mounted components. The 1555F series are designed for wall mounting, with an interior secured by lid screws behind the lid, and can be made more secure if wall mounted with tamper resistant security screws. These enclosures feature a satin texture finish with a smooth recessed surface on the lid for a membrane keypad or label.
More 1555F Series Features
- Standoffs molded in the interior of the lid & enclosure – designed for #4 x 1/4” self tapping screws (our part number 1555TS100)
- Choice of two materials:
- General purpose ABS plastic (material carries a UL flammability rating of UL94 HB). Not recommended for outdoor use.
- Polycarbonate (material carries a UL flammability rating of UL94 5VA @ 3mm) – Recommended for outdoor use
- Color is a light gray (RAL 7035) to help keep heat absorption down.
- Gasketed lid with two piece “tongue & groove” construction provides protection against access of oil, dust and water.
- Gasket is one piece made from high temperature, U.L. listed silicone. Supplied loose inside the enclosure (not pre-installed).
- Polycarb versions are designed to meet NEMA Type 4, 4X, 6, 6P, 12 & 13 ratings which meet and exceed IP ratings up to and including IP68.
- ABS Plastic versions are designed to meet IP66.
- Polycarbonate version is UL 508A listed (File # E65324).
- Lid is secured with included M4 stainless steel machine screws which are threaded into corrosion resistant bushings for repetitive assembly & disassembly. All hardware is designed to avoid corrosion caused by harsh environments over time.
- Internal features are maximized for mounting options and vary with size:
- Internal DIN rail mounting tabs molded into lid (except smaller 1555CF22 & 1555CF42 enclosures).
- Standoffs (#6 self tapping screws) for P.C. board or inner panel