November 1, 2021
Pepperl+Fuchs has now expanded its new SR stainless steel series in type of protection Ex e with seven additional compact enclosure sizes. These are tailored to build the ideal basis for local control units and junction boxes. For this purpose, standardized solutions are already in stock, which are available with short delivery times. In addition, customers can define their own requirements for these solutions, as both are highly flexible due to the modular design of the SR series.
Control Units with Many Customization Options
For example, the local control units support both portrait or landscape orientation use cases. These stainless steel units are among the very few on the market that can be configured with up to four operators. Here, a large selection of operators, contact blocks, and accessories offers endless possibilities to configure a suitable solution. Even larger components such as ammeters or buzzers can be integrated into the SR series enclosures. Grounding studs are available in various materials, and the DIN rails, which are mounted directly into the body of the enclosure, can be removed and rotated to provide additional flexibility.
Wide Range of Entry Devices for Junction Boxes
The same applies to the junction boxes. The standardized solutions are available both in Ex e and Ex i versions directly from stock. Moreover, the enclosures can be easily configured according to customer requirements. SR junction boxes support 15 mm or 35 mm DIN rails to ensure a wide range of terminals can be fitted as required by the customer. All Pepperl+Fuchs Ex e entry devices, such as cable glands, stopping plugs, adapters and breather drains, can be installed on any side of the enclosure.
Learn More on the SR Series Enclosures
Overall, the SR series—in durable stainless steel—comprises more than 30 enclosure sizes to meet the precise dimension requirements of every intended use. To further increase cost effectiveness, the IP66 / NEMA 4X enclosures are always reduced to a basic version. Any accessories, such as gland plates, hinges, ¼ turn locks, and lid security, are only integrated by Pepperl+Fuchs in accordance with the corresponding customer specification. Various international approvals permit worldwide use in a whole host of applications.
Depending on the application requirements, the enclosures, which are certified for a temperature range of -60 °C to +120 °C, can be mounted vertically or horizontally in the operating location. All SR series versions that are suitable for wall mounting can be screwed in directly using mounting brackets that rotate by 90° or rivet nuts, without further adaptation.
If the SR series is used as a control station, the contact blocks can be mounted either to a rail or directly onto the enclosure cover. Other supported use cases include the aforementioned terminal boxes and junction boxes and control units as well as splice boxes or remote I/O field units.
Highlights of SR Series Ex e Enclosures
- – State-of-the-art enclosure series for hazardous areas and harsh environments
- – Modular Design: Over 30 enclosure sizes combined with many accessory options such as flange plates, hinges, ¼ turn locks, lid security and sunshades to offer countless configuration possibilities
- – Additional flexibility due to 90° rotatable mounting brackets and the use of up to four flange plates
- – Reliable operation due to IP66 or Type 4X enclosure protection for extended temperature ranges down to -60 °C
- – Multiple solution possibilities such as terminal boxes, junction boxes, fiber splice boxes, local control units, control stations, remote I/O field units
- – Worldwide service and support: Professional support and advice from technical sales specialists for electrical explosion protection
- – Customized solutions for the process industry supported by our global Solution Engineering Centers (SECs)
- – International approvals for a wide range of industries and applications