Banner Engineering: T30R-1515 Radar Sensors with New Capabilities
November 11, 2021
Introducing the T30R-1515 radar sensor from Banner Engineering. The 15° × 15° models of the T30R radar sensor can now measure the distance to objects at closer range. While the minimum presence/absence detection range of 150 mm has not changed, the nearfield measurement range has been improved. The sensor can now measure the distance to items as close as 200 mm away (a 100-mm improvement over previous specifications of 300 mm).
The T30R is a long-range sensor that provides reliable detection and position feedback in extreme applications.
- – Reliable detection of high-dielectric targets (like metal or large amounts of water) and lower-dielectric materials (such as wood, rock, or organic material) in a wider range of applications
- – Unaffected by rain, wind, snow, fog, steam, sunlight, and an operating temperature of -40 to 65° C
- – Radar Configuration Software, IO-Link, remote teach input, and push buttons for flexible set-up and configuration
- – Compact, IP67 rated housing for use in challenging environments
- – Pulse Pro output for direct integration with Banner lights. Direct process feedback which only requires power; no controller needed
- – Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) for detection of stationary and moving targets
- – Crosstalk immunity, allowing for multiple sensors to be mounted in close proximity
- – Up to 15 m range to detect targets from farther away while maintaining detection as close as 150 mm
- – Available in 15×15 degree and 45×45 degree beam patterns to solve a wide variety of applications