July 13, 2022
OKW’s SMART-BOX IP-rated enclosures for industrial electronics are now available in eight sizes and with a wide range of customization options.
Advanced SMART-BOX is ideal for wall-mount and desktop devices. Applications include HVAC, control and system engineering, safety technology, IoT/IIoT, Smart Factory, Industry 4.0 and gateways.
These contoured, ergonomic enclosures feature separate channels for the lid screws and mounting screws so they can be installed ‘lid closed’ – protecting the electronics and the pre-fitted sealing gasket. Hinged flush-fitting trims conceal all the screws, which are A2 stainless steel with high corrosion resistance.
The lid features a generous recess for a membrane keypad or product label. Two plastic lid-retaining straps safeguard the opened lid for installation and maintenance in challenging locations. Inside the lid and main body, there are internal fastening pillars for PCBs and DIN rails.
SMART-BOX is molded from ASA+PC-FR (UL 94 V-0) for added UV stability. Its eight sizes range from 4.72″ x 3.54″ x 1.96″ to 11.02″ x 6.69″ x 2.36″. Seven of the eight sizes (widths 3.54″, 4.33″, 5.11″, 5.90″) are rated IP 66; the eighth (width 6.69″) is IP 65.
Accessories for SMART-BOX include pressure equalization elements, cable grommets, security plugs, TPE non-slip case feet for desktop use, and self-tapping screws (including tamperproof Torx T10).
SMART-BOX can be specified fully customized. Services include CNC machining, printing or laser marking of legends and logos, decor foils, RFI/EMI shielding, installation and assembly of accessories.
- convincing design; hinged flush-fitting trims hide all the case fixings
- high-quality material ASA+PC (UL 94 V-0) for use in tough conditions; also flame-retardant and self-extinguishing
- high protection class IP 66 (width 3.54″/4.33″/5.12″/5.91″), IP 65 (width 6.69″); with pre-fitted sealing gaskets in the top
- universal use for wall mount and desktop applications
- screw shafts for wall mounting hidden under the hinged trims
- case feet (accessory), simply snap-in ensure non-slip desktop positioning
- two plastic lid retaining straps included
- recessed operating area for protecting a membrane keypad; additional surface for labels on the underside
- internal fastening pillars for PCBs and DIN rails