August 25, 2022
Modern drivers’ workstations in heavy-duty and special vehicles and their applications in the interior areas, pose increasingly demanding requirements in terms of the safety, functionality, reliability and the design of their operating systems. As a leading manufacturer and developer of application-specific and ergonomic HMI components and systems in the automotive industry EAO expands its innovative Series 09 with the new In-Cabin Keypads.
The high-quality, modular Series 09 In-Cabin Keypads are developed in accordance with the internationally recognised automotive standard IATF 16949. They feature impressive application-specific configuration options for the illumination and the communication interfaces as well as the possibility to make a customised selection and arrangement of the symbols. Application areas include both the classic applications inside a vehicle, such as switching headlights on/off or operating the windscreen wiper, as well as specific applications of the relevant vehicle type.
Series 09 In-Cabin Keypads with 6 pushbuttons are available in SUPER, PLUS and BASIC variants. They differ in terms of illumination options and the communication interface. The hard-wired BASIC product variant is available, as an additional option, in a 2-pushbutton version. With this wide range of variants, customers can choose between a CAN bus connection or hard-wired version depending on their application, and they can further customise their keypad thanks to a variety of illumination options and interchangeable custom or ISO 7000 symbols – for optimal integration of the HMI in the vehicle interior.
The low installation depth and quick snap-in or screw mounting enable flexible and straightforward installation with either vertical or horizontal alignment. At the same time, the In-Cabin Keypads can be combined with one another on a modular basis.
Typical applications include:
- Vehicle headlights, position lights and sidelights
- Windscreen washing system and air conditioning system
- Hazard warning lights
- Navigation in display menus or user interfaces
- All-round lighting and warning signals
- Controlling side supports, cleaning brushes or a mower
- Controlling pumps or hydraulics
- And many more
- Programmable RGB halo ring and symbol illumination (can be controlled separately)
- High-quality modular automotive design with IP5K4 front protection
- Reliable HMI developed according to recognised automotive standard IATF 16949
- Available with CAN bus connection or as hard-wired variants
- Interchangeable ISO 7000 or customer-specific symbols