September 18, 2023
AttaBox Enclosures recently announced the availability of Heartland SL – tough, industrial-strength enclosures designed to solve application challenges with low-profile installation requirements.
Heartland SL enclosures are ideal for tight spaces, and on exterior and interior building applications. They provide reliable protection of equipment in diverse, harsh, non-hazardous environments where installation space is at a premium. Such low-profile applications include protection of equipment with minimal depth: routers and switches, wireless communications, electrical controls, measurement, monitoring, and security equipment.
Heartland SL polycarbonate enclosures are available in seven sizes: 10 x 8 x 3, 12 x 10 x 4, 14 x 12 x 4, 16 x 14 x 4, 18 x 16 x 4, 20 x 16 x 4, and 24 x 24 x 6.
The design of Heartland SL polycarbonate enclosures provides numerous benefits:
- • The thick, durable side wall construction of Heartland SL enclosures eliminates side wall flexing. They are high-impact rated yet lightweight for ease-of-installation.
- • Heartland SL enclosures accommodate existing panel designs, reduce unneeded depth and materials, optimize installations, and save space and cost. They can be configured with a hinged/screw cover or a hinged/ latched cover. These enclosures feature a nonmetallic hinge that does not penetrate the inside of the enclosure. Robust, smooth side walls maximize fitting mounting space and ensure easy alignment of conduit or cable.
- • Molded-in mounting feet or flange with added mounting cross and holes, and added embosses in the back for DIN rail mounting, provide ease-of-installation and reduce the need for costly on-site modification. Heartland SL enclosures provide an ABS Back panel option to optimize wireless signal transmission, and multiple latch options available in fully non-metallic or stainless steel. They are available with either clear or opaque covers.
- • The low-profile design of Heartland SL enclosures meets broad-ranging aesthetic demands in high-visibility mounting environments.
- • Heartland SL polycarbonate enclosures inhibitors provide effective protection from UV degradation. Performance specifications include an Operating Temperature Rating of -40°F to +248°F (-40°C to +120°C) and an Outdoor UV Exposure (UL 746C) (f1) rating. Resin has passed tests for UV exposure and water immersion. Additional ratings include cULus per file #E319779 Type 1, 3R, 4, 4X, 6P*, 12 as well as UL50, UL50e, UL508A and IEC 60529: UL Listed per file #E362920 IP66, IP68. Certifications and Compliance include: cULus, CE, REACH, and RoHS.