Hammond Manufacturing: 1590Z Series Type 4X/6P Diecast Aluminum Enclosures
April 11, 2023
Introducing the 1590Z series Type 4X/6P diecast aluminum enclosures from Hammond Manufacturing.
These rugged electronic instrument enclosures are made of a diecast aluminum alloy (tough, yet easy to machine), and feature a two piece “tongue and groove” construction with a replaceable one-piece silicone rubber gasket which provides protection against access of dust and water. The gasket supplied is loose inside the enclosure, not pre-installed, and has a temperature rating of -40C to +150C.
The 1590Z series enclosures are ideal for repetitive opening and closing, have four recessed stainless steel machine screws to secure the lid into tapped holes, and are easy to wall mount using ‘through box – blind hole’ construction, outside of gasket protection. With four exceptions in this product line, the lid screws are self captivating – meaning the lid holes are threaded with the first installation of the lid screws. (Exceptions are 1590Z060, 1590Z061, 1590Z062, and 1590Z063.)
More 1590Z Series Features
- Designed to meet IP68.
- North American Mark of Safety – cUL & UL listed. Certified to Type 4, 4X, 6, 6P.
- All sizes except 1590Z060** carry an impact rating of IK08 per IEC62262
- 16ga galvanized steel inner panels are available for most sizes, and are sold separately (refer to table below).
- Painted versions are painted inside and out with a tough powder paint. Choice of textured black or smooth gray (RAL 7001).
- For non-metallic (glass reinforced polyester) versions of these enclosures, see series 1590ZGRP