Siemens: SIMATIC S7-1500
February 21, 2023
Using the SIMATIC S7-1500 controller gives you top performance and built-in viability into the future. You can turn the most sophisticated machine designs into reality thanks to the modular structure of the controller, which provides reliable assistance as you work your way through the digital transformation.
Edge integration with SIMATIC S7-1500
The technology module TM MFP alows Edge Computing for SIMATIC Controllers
The Multifunctional Platform TM MFP is designed for integrating various independent applications.
- Openess for customized high-level language applications., e.g. C/C++ for
– protocol converters,
– database connection,
– complex algorithms,
– integration of vision systems.
- Possible use of optional software packages and edge apps e.g.Proneta or SIMATIC Flow Creator.
AI applications with SIMATIC S7-1500
The S7-1500 TM NPU module operates using a trained neural system.
The module can be seamlessly integrated into the SIMATIC automation system permitting a simple and profitable combination of AI algorithms and PLC logic. This is how inexpensive and rescalable applications using SIMATIC can be implemented at the machine based on artificial intelligence, e.g
- Smart object recognition of any workpieces
- Visual quality check of products
- Quality checking using sensor and production data
High-level languages on SIMATIC S7-1500
Multifunctional platform for PC- and control tasks
The CPU 1518(F)-4 PN/DP MFP enables the merging of previously separate applications on a common platform.
Due to its connectivity and high computing power the MFP CPU is suited for sophisticated control tasks as well as for PC-typical applications that:
- require high-level language programming,
- are developed model-based or
- must be implemented using databases